Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tasting Week 8: Tisdale

Variety: Shiraz
Region: Modesto, California
Country: USA
Year: N/A
Price: $4.95
Food?: Not paired with food.







Winery Review: 
With flavor of black raspberry and pomegranate, our experienced winemakers have crafted this shiraz to an enticing, full-flavored wine with medium body and an impressive finish.

My Review: 
I am still looking for that cheap wine that will be magically delicious... unfortunately this was NOT it.  A dark purple-red in color, this Shiraz features a maple-syrupy sweet nose with hints of dark cherry.  On the palate, this Shiraz lands rather ungracefully with strong heat from the alcohol, and oh wait, more cherry.  I would say this wine was very off-balanced, and for the most part, all I could sense was the alcohol, and more cherry.  Rather single noted, I would not recommend this wine to well, anyone.  Definitely not feeling this Shiraz.  In fact, I think it has made me steer away from purchasing Shiraz for a little while.  A sad note in the wine book :(  On a brighter note, I do enjoy the rather cute and catchy label. 

No comments:

Post a Comment