Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tasting Week 8: The Naked Grape Pinot Grigio

Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2010
Price: <$10
Food?: Not paired with food.
 




Winery Review:
Crisp white wine with aromas of pear and Meyer Lemon. 

My Review: 
Light gold, almost white, in color this white smells of green apple and lemon on the nose.  On the palate, I found this white to be a little too citrus-y and biting for my taste.  Very comparable to a typical sauvignon blanc, but this white is extremely dry.  This would be the perfect choice for the wine connoisseur who enjoys dry, highly acidic, whites.  Not exactly my wine of choice, but I could imagine this white being paired with a summer picnic.  Oh hey, and it has a pretty, clean and simple, label as well.  All in all, a classic citrus fruit bomb, with nothing big to write home about.

No comments:

Post a Comment